The New York board certified plastic surgeons at the Gender Confirmation Center of NYC (located in Manhattan, NY) offer rhinoplasty for patients seeking gender affirming facial contouring procedures. Commonly referred to as a “nose job”, rhinoplasty can help shape the nose to align with your identity and diminish as much gender dysphoria as possible. The highly trained team of board certified plastic surgeons at the Gender Confirmation Center of NYC routinely perform rhinoplasty at our fully accredited private surgical suite. Our team of best in class board certified plastic surgeons combine art, aesthetics, and science to create natural-looking post-surgical results that reflect the patient’s goals. We rigorously follow the Standards of Care set forth by the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH). If you would like to schedule a complimentary rhinoplasty consultation with our team of plastic surgeons, we encourage you to reach out to our Manhattan office to schedule an appointment.
* The Gender Confirmation Center of NYC offers free in-person and virtual consultations with a board certified plastic surgeon. Most insurance accepted.
Patients seeking gender affirming treatment may choose to alter their facial structure through rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty is performed as an outpatient procedure at the Gender Confirmation Center of NYC’s fully accredited private surgical suite in Manhattan, NY. Gender affirming rhinoplasty is a customizable surgical treatment performed by our team of best in class board certified plastic surgeons to augment the shape and size of the nose. Our plastic surgeons are highly experienced in facial procedures focused on feminization / masculinization (as well as non-binary procedures) and routinely perform gender affirming rhinoplasty surgery. Many patients opt to undergo other gender affirming procedures in conjunction with rhinoplasty surgery, such as facial contouring, chin augmentation, lip augmentation.
Rhinoplasty may help patients accomplish a number of preferred augmentations including tip reshaping, bridge straightening, nostril narrowing, and nose size / shape augmentation.
- Surgery Time / Sedation: 1.5-3 hours, local anesthetic with sedation or general anesthetic.
- Recovery: Some fluid leakage and bleeding are common on the following days after surgery. The areas around the nose (including the eyes and cheeks) may be swollen and painful. These symptoms should subside within the coming weeks. You should not engage in strenuous physical activity until explicitly cleared by the plastic surgeon.
- Scarring: Minimal scarring. Depending on the surgeon’s final surgical technique, scars may be hidden inside the nostrils or barely noticeable between the nostrils.
- Incision Technique: Our plastic surgeons perform open and closed rhinoplasty, which ultimately depends on the patient’s unique anatomy and desired post-surgical outcome.
Nasal feminization through rhinoplasty is commonly performed to feminize the facial structure. Transgender women / non-binary patients may opt to undergo feminizing rhinoplasty to minimize “male” associated nose features. Your plastic surgeon reshapes the nose through the removal of excess cartilage and / or bone under the skin. A small, minimalist nose is commonly associated with “female” nose characteristics and your plastic surgeon will work in collaboration with you to determine the exact nose contour you desire (that still fits aesthetically with your face).
Nasal masculinization through rhinoplasty is offered at the Gender Confirmation Center of NYC. This surgical procedure typically consists of enlarging “male” facial characteristics, specifically the prominence of the nose. During your complimentary rhinoplasty consultation with the plastic surgeon, you will discuss realistic post-surgical goals and nasal masculinization options that may be employed in conjunction with rhinoplasty. Our highly experienced New York board certified plastic surgeons routinely perform gender affirming nasal augmentation and work with each patient to create a customized treatment plan tailored to their unique anatomy and post-procedural goals. Some procedures commonly paired with masculinizing rhinoplasty are fat transfer, cartilage grafting, and nasal implants. You will discuss all of this with your best in class board certified plastic surgeon during your complimentary initial consultation at the Gender Confirmation Center of NYC.
Our top of the line team at the Gender Confirmation Center of NYC provides our Gender Confirmation patients with the following resources:
- Highly customized treatment with experienced, top rated New York board certified plastic surgeons that specialize in Gender Confirmation surgical treatment.
- Access to a substantial network of highly qualified physicians and mental health professionals with a proven track record of experience working with transgender, non-binary, non-gender conforming, and genderqueer individuals.
- A relaxed environment in our fully accredited surgical suite located in Manhattan, NY.
- Virtual consultations for patients anywhere in the world.
- Free Online Insurance Verification.
- Financing options.
At the Gender Confirmation Center of NYC, our team of best in class board certified plastic surgeons understand how important it is for our patients to feel comfortable and safe in their bodies. We rigorously follow the Standards of Care set forth by the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH). We are honored to be part of this rewarding process and encourage you to schedule a complimentary consultation with our team of top rated NYC board certified plastic surgeons to discuss how Gender Confirmation Center of NYC can work with you to achieve the facial look / feel that best aligns with your gender identity. If you would like to schedule a free gender affirming rhinoplasty / nasal augmentation consultation with one of our best in class plastic surgeons, please feel free to contact us at our Manhattan office:
Gender Confirmation Center of NYC
461 Park Ave S
Floor 7, Suite G
New York, NY 10016