Our best in class NYC board certified plastic surgeons and caring staff at the Gender Confirmation Center of NYC offer Female to Male (FTM) Masculinizing Top Surgery at our fully accredited surgery center (located in Manhattan, NY). During FTM Top Surgery, your top rated Gender Confirmation plastic surgeon removes excess breast tissue to flatten the chest and form a more chiseled, masculine / Non-Binary physique. FTM Top Surgery is a highly customizable breast reduction procedure that allows you to work with your Top Surgery specialist plastic surgeon to individually tailor your final post-surgical outcome such as: degree of chest flatness and chest shape. Our top of the line team of Gender Confirmation plastic surgery specialists offer several types of FTM Top Surgery incision methods including (1) Keyhole and (2) Double Incision. Our team of best in class board certified plastic surgeons of Gender Confirmation Center of NYC (located in Manhattan, NY) are top rated plastic surgeons with an extensive background in Gender Confirmation surgery and Transgender care.
* The Gender Confirmation Center of NYC offers free in-person and virtual consultations with a board certified plastic surgeon. Most insurance accepted.
As Gender Confirmation specialist plastic surgeons, we are proud to support and endorse the Standards of Care set forth by the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH).
Our top of the line team at the Gender Confirmation Center of NYC provides our Gender Confirmation surgery patients with the following resources:
- Highly customized treatment with experienced, top rated New York board certified plastic surgeons that specialize in Gender Confirmation surgical treatment.
- Access to a substantial network of highly qualified physicians and mental health professionals with a proven track record of experience working with transgender, non-binary, and genderqueer individuals.
- A relaxed environment in our fully accredited surgical suite located in Manhattan, NY.
- Virtual consultations for patients anywhere in the world.
- Free online Insurance Verification.
- Financing options.
During your initial consultation, your best in class NYC board certified Gender Confirmation specialist plastic surgeon will review your full medical history, perform any necessary physical examinations, and discuss Top Surgery / Gender Confirmation procedure options.
- There must be a well-documented history of the patient’s gender dysphoria. This ultimately determines whether your insurance carrier will cover your FTM Top Surgery / Gender Confirmation procedure(s).
- If you would like to receive further information regarding whether your insurance carrier will cover a portion or all of your FTM Top Surgery procedure, we encourage you to fill out our free Online Insurance Verification eForm. Our insurance coordinator is happy to contact your insurance carrier directly and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
Undergoing Hormone Therapy is not necessary in order to be eligible for FTM Top Surgery, and patients on HRT medication may also opt to undergo Top Surgery. Our board certified NYC Gender Confirmation surgeons recommend that you wait 6 months for physiological changes to settle prior to having FTM Top Surgery in order to ensure optimal post-surgical results. We encourage you to schedule an initial consultation with one of our best in class board certified Gender Confirmation specialist doctors, as Top Surgery is unique to each patient and their individual anatomy.
The highly qualified board certified Top Surgery plastic surgeons of the Gender Confirmation Center of NYC (Manhattan, NY) offer multiple incision methods for FTM Top Surgery (also known as a bilateral mastectomy). Our team of top rated Gender Confirmation plastic surgeons taps into a combination of aesthetics, art, and science during your Top Surgery to ensure minimal scarring, natural-looking results, and maximum patient satisfaction. There are several FTM Top Surgery incision techniques and our team of best in class NYC board certified plastic surgeons will employ the FTM Top Surgery incision method that best fits your anatomy and desired final surgical outcome. The following procedures are the most common FTM Top Surgery incision / surgical methods we offer at the Gender Confirmation Center of NYC:
Keyhole Top Surgery Method: During the Keyhole Top Surgery method your NYC board certified plastic surgeon makes semi-circular incisions along the base of the areolas. This surgical method allows for nipple resizing. The nipples / areolas are not removed.
- This surgical method is recommended for individuals with good skin elasticity.
- The Keyhole surgical method is typically employed on those with a small chest size.
- Patients can expect for Nipple / Areola Sensation to be mostly retained.
- Semi-circular incisions along the base of the areolas, less scarring.
Double Incision with Free Nipple Grafts Top Surgery Method: The double incision with free nipple grafts method for FTM Top Surgery is performed under general anesthesia and takes about 3-4 hours to perform. During this procedure, your board certified plastic surgeon removes breast tissue and uses liposuction to contour your chest to the desired final post-surgical chest shape that aligns with your identity. This surgical method is recommended for individuals that are okay with the post-surgical.
- Patients with all types of skin elasticity (low skin elasticity preferred) are eligible for the double incision Top Surgery technique.
- Ideal candidates for double incision top surgery typically have a B Cup or Larger chest size.
- Nipple / Areola Sensation is typically compromised in the post-surgical outcome.
- Longer incisions (horizontal incisions placed carefully on the top and bottom of the chest muscles), more scarring.
Periareolar Top Surgery Method: During this surgical technique, your plastic surgeon will make two (2) circular cuts around the areolas. Breast tissue is removed, along with an excess “ring” of tissue surrounding the areolae. The periareolar top surgery method allows for customization in regards to nipple / areola repositioning and nipple / areola sensation is usually retained in some capacity (low to high nipple / areola sensitivity retained, depending on each patient’s anatomy).
- The Periareolar surgical method is recommended for those with good skin elasticity.
- Nipple & Areola Sensation are typically retained in the final post-surgical outcome.
- Incisions / Scarring: Incisions are made along the natural outlines of the areola, making scarring minimal.
- The ideal candidate has small to medium sized breasts.
The final decision regarding incision method will be made during your Top Surgery, as it depends upon your unique anatomy. Our Top Surgery specialist surgeons will work meticulously to ensure minimal scarring and retain as much nipple / areola sensitivity as possible. We understand the sensitivity that comes with Gender Confirmation procedures and our team of best in class board certified surgeons (along with our highly qualified staff) works with each patient to build a treatment plan that eliminates or significantly decreases feelings of gender dysphoria.
Our fully accredited New York (Manhattan, NY) based surgery center at the Gender Confirmation Center of NYC accepts most insurance.
At Gender Confirmation Center of NYC, our team of best in class board certified plastic surgeons understand how important it is for our patients to feel comfortable and safe in their bodies. We rigorously follow the Standards of Care set forth by the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH). We are honored to be part of this rewarding process and encourage you to schedule a complimentary FTM Top Surgery consultation with our team of top rated NYC board certified plastic surgeons to discuss how Gender Confirmation Center of NYC can work with you to achieve the body that best aligns with your gender identity. The Gender Confirmation Center of NYC accepts most insurance. If you would like to schedule an appointment with one of our best in class New York board certified Gender Confirmation plastic surgeons, please feel free to contact us at our Manhattan office:
Gender Confirmation Center of NYC
461 Park Ave S
Floor 7, Suite G
New York, NY 10016